Saturday, December 5, 2009

This Week's Top Buys!


This one's for you Chicago readers:

Over the last week, I've been religiously scanning the net, and here are two deals from Binny's, who are currently doing a pre-Christmas Bin-end clear out, which I think are not to be missed out on!

Château Petit Gravet-Aîné St. Emilion 2006

Here's a wonderful opportunity to grab a top-quality Grand Cru from my favorite appellation in Bordeaux at half the price!

This is certainly one I’d recommend buying now to lay down for a couple of years – allowing the wine time to develop complexity and for the tannins to soften – though if like me you probably want to pop one open now to check on your ‘investment’, give it an hour or so in the decanter to open up a little. Expect chocolate and tobacco to be prevalent on the nose, with secondary notes of dried fruit. Given 80-89 points by Robert Parker, this is an inexpensive bargain not to be missed!

$37.99 down to $16.99

55% off



No comments: